If you do not receive an email within the next few minutes please check if you have already registered for our online shop. If not, please do so during the ordering process. If you have already registered in our shop please check that your email address is spelled correctly.
70g of butter
200 ml of milk
16g of baking powder
1. Wash the apples, peel them and remove the core. Cut the apples into wedges and put them to macerate with a little sugar and some lemon juice in a bowl.
2. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until a light and frothy cream is obtained. Leave the egg whites aside.
3. Add the previously sieved flour, the melted butter and the milk to the mixture. Mix and mix everything well from the bottom to the top in order not to disassemble the dough.
4. Cut 2/3 of the apple slices into smaller pieces and mix them with the mixture.
5. Add the sifted yeast and mix well with the dough.
6. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then gently add them to the mixture.
7. Do this by mixing them from the bottom upwards, gently and little by little.
8. Pour the mixture into a buttered and floured baking pan with a diameter of about 26 cm.
9. You have a wide choice on how to decorate your apple pie, the dough should in fact be dense enough to be able to arrange the remaining apple slices over the entire surface without sinking them inside the cake.
10. Alternatively, you can insert them vertically in groups of 3/4 inside the cake.
11. Bake the apple pie in a preheated static oven for about 40 minutes at 180 ° C.
12. Before taking it out, always do the toothpick test.